The Metrum Acoustics flagship DAC with volume control through pre-amplification. Volume control done right.
We were aware that our current flagship DAC, the Pavane, is hard to beat but at least one idea was not realized yet. The idea of having a decent volume control to prevent a necessary pre-amplifier could improve performance dramatically. However, we also know that the way of introducing such device in the signal chain can have a negative effect.
Experiments were done and the best sound was coming directly from our Transient chips. In the case of R2R ladder DAC’s it is possible to change the output voltage of the DAC by changing its reference voltage. To realize this, dedicated DAC boards were designed to get the best regulation possible.
Like the Metrum Pavane, forward correction techniques are used to drive both mono DAC boards. The result of this process is an extremely high linearity, right down to -155 dB, which gives the Adagio a realistic 24 bit dynamic range. The Adagio is a step forward as it omits a pre-amplifier. It is musical, honors the Non-oversampling principle and simultaneously incorporating the technological progress that has been made over the years.
Non EU? Tax will be excluded after entering delivery address on checkout.
- Digital to Analog Converter type:
- Non Oversampling.
- Audio bit depth (Resolution):
- 24 bits per sample.
- Correction type:
- Forward (FPGA) corrected.
- Metrum DACTWO Transient chips per channel:
- Noise floor:
- -155 dB.
- Output impedance:
- RCA 100 Ohm, XLR 320 Ohm.
- 2x RCA (stereo), 2x XLR (stereo).
- 1x Optical, 2x Coax, 1x AES/EBU, 1x USB or I²S.
- Total harmonic distortion:
- 0.006% THD.
- Sampling rate via optical input:
- 44.1 - 96 kHz.
- Sampling rate via coax and AES/EBU input:
- 44.1 - 192 kHz.
- Sampling rate via USB input:
- 44.1 - 384 kHz.
- Product dimensions:
- 44 x 32 x 85 cm.
- Product weight:
- Remote controller:
- YES, with volume control.