At Metrum Acoustics we are fanatic about building the best Digital to Analogue converters because of our love for making digital music sound sublime!
Because of this dedication to perfection we can truly appreciate listening experiences like ROON.
Roon looks at your music and finds photos, bios, reviews, lyrics, and concert dates, and makes connections between artists, composers, performers, conductors, and producers.
What you get is a searchable, surfable magazine about your music.
And as we believe a DAC, Digital to Analogue converter is the heart of your music setup, what else can we do than to build a ROON end point which will allow you to direct your digital music through our device in order to get the most sublime sound available!
INTRODUCING AMBRE (Shipping NOW)
We have been working under the radar to create a high quality, as you can expect from Metrum Acoustics, ROON end point, named AMBRE.
AMBRE will be as sweet as the name sounds, a sweet little device build with high quality components in order for you to get the highest quality sound when using ROON.
AMBRE is ready to roll, and she can be ordered in the store! Available immediately.
The AMBRE, Digital Bridge acts as an elegantly simple but hugely powerful interface between your digital music and your DAC.
The hardware platform in AMBRE enables you to stream high res music files from network attached storage, connected USB drives, online streaming services through the powerful ROON platform, outputting bit perfect audio direct to your DAC.
As you can see, AMBRE will have similarities to our award winning entry level DAC, the AMETHYST.
The AMBRE By Metrum Acoustics comes with all the connections an audiophile can wish for, and when hooking it up to your network it is a plug and play device.
- LAN (local area network) input: Connect an UTP cable with your local network. The Ambre is made as a Roon end point and cannot work as a standalone device. The Ambre expects a working Roon music server on the same local network.
- Coaxial Output: A 75 Ohm coaxial cable should be used to connect the Ambre to other digital audio equipment like a dac for instance. The coaxial output has a galvanic isolation and can handle a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz.
- AES/EBU digital output: When using the AES /EBU digital output a special 110 Ohms XLR cable should be used to connect the Ambre to other digital audio equipment. The AES/EBU interface has a galvanic isolation and can handle a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz.
- Optical output: A standard Toslink cable can be used to connect the Ambre to other digital audio equipment. The max sampling rate of the Toslink interface is limited to 96kHz.
- I2S output: The I2S connection is probably the best way to connect digital audio equipment over short distances without intervention of all kind of interfaces like AES/EBU , spdif or Toslink. However still I2S is no international standard in terms of ruggedising the format or the connectors used. The I2S standard is optimized as an interconnection between Metrum Acoustics products but will work in most cases in conjunction with other gear. If your Metrum Acoustics product has the I2S option installed you can use a simple UTP cable to connect both devices.
And once connected, it is setting up your ROON environment,
And from here on you can choose your destination and is the AMBRE fully operational! Enjoy the music by Making Digital Sound Sublime!